Personal Injury

Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California

Welcome to the Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison Law Firm, your trusted partner for personal injury legal matters in Southern California. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you deserve experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers by your side.

Why Choose Our Personal Injury Lawyers?

At Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial challenges that personal injury victims and their families face. Our team of seasoned personal injury lawyers is committed to providing unwavering support and strategic guidance throughout your journey to justice.

What sets our personal injury lawyers apart from the rest?

  • Our team has a collective wealth of experience in personal injury law and has recovered billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
  • Our personal injury lawyers understand each case is unique and tailor our legal strategies accordingly.
  • We work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t pay us unless we secure compensation for you.
  • We offer risk-free, no-obligation consultations so you have nothing to lose by calling us.

Injured in an accident? We are here to help. Contact our personal injury lawyers in Southern California today to learn more about your rights and options.

We Will Get You The Compensation You Deserve

Money cannot eliminate your pain and suffering, but it can help alleviate some of the stress and burdens you find yourself facing after an accident. Our personal injury lawyers in Southern California will make sure all your injuries and suffering are properly documented and all parties involved are held accountable so you can obtain the compensation that you are entitled to.

Compensation for personal injury cases can cover:

  • Immediate Medical Bills
  • Future Medical Treatment
  • Short-Term or Long-Term Nursing Care
  • Rehabilitation and Therapy
  • Lost Wages
  • Lost Earning Power
  • Emotional Distress
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Death Benefits (For Wrongful Death Cases)

You can rely on the legal skills of Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison as we vigorously advocate for your rightful compensation. 

Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle

Our personal injury lawyers in Southern California are well-versed in various practice areas, including:

Auto Accidents: Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you may have a right to recover compensation. 

Bicycle Accident: If you or a loved were the victim of a bicycle accident due to crashes with vehicles or hazardous road conditions, we urge you to contact our team to pursue legal action.

Boat Accidents: Legal matters arising from injuries occurring during boating mishaps that lead to various injuries, including drowning, head trauma, or even wrongful death.

Burn Accidents: Cases involve harm caused by exposure to heat, chemicals, fire, or electrical sources. Burn injuries can range from first-degree burns with mild discomfort to life-altering third-degree burns.

Bus Accidents: Bus accidents are rare but can be catastrophic. If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed in a bus accident, our personal injury lawyers can represent you.

Catastrophic Injury: Catastrophic injuries are severe, life-changing injuries that permanently impact your life. They can include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, burns, and more.

Distracted Driving Accidents: If you were injured by a driver texting or talking on the phone, or facing another distraction, our team can help.

Dog Bites: Millions of dog bites occur annually in America. If you have suffered a dog bite in Southern California, you may be able to file a dog bite claim and secure compensation.

Drunk Driving Accidents: Drunk driving is a serious problem. If you have lost a loved one or been seriously injured in an accident caused by a drunk or impaired driver, contact us.

Head-On Collision: Legal assistance for cases involving front-impact collisions. These accidents can lead to severe injuries, including head trauma, spinal injuries, and fatalities.

Hit and Run Accidents: Accidents where the responsible driver flees the scene can have devastating impacts. Victims may suffer from various injuries, and pursuing compensation can be complex. 

Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are frequently injured due to crashes with other vehicles or road hazards. Our lawyers can help injured riders pursue compensation.

Pedestrian Accidents: If you were struck by a vehicle as a pedestrian, causing an injury, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover damages.

Premises Liability: Injuries caused by unsafe property conditions can occur on residential or commercial properties and encompass slips and falls, inadequate security, or hazardous conditions. 

Rear End Collision: Personal injury claims resulting from accidents where one vehicle rear-ends another. Injuries can vary but often include whiplash, back injuries, or spinal injuries.

Roadway Defect Accident: Injuries caused by unsafe road conditions, such as potholes, debris, or improper signage. These accidents can lead to various injuries and involve suing government agencies. 

Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents occur when individuals slip or trip and fall on unsafe premises. They are common and you may be eligible to seek compensation for a serious injury.

Spinal Cord Injury: Cases involving injuries to the spinal cord, often resulting in varying degrees of impairment. Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis, loss of sensation, and lifelong medical needs. 

Train Accidents: If you were injured in a train accident due to train operator error, negligent track or equipment maintenance, or as a motorist on the tracks at a crossing, we can help.

Traumatic Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injuries can result in cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments, often necessitating long-term care and inability to work. 

Truck Accidents: Truck accidents involve large commercial vehicles, such as big rigs or tractor-trailers, and often result in severe injuries due. If you’ve suffered an injury or loss, we can help.

Uber/Lyft Accidents: If you were injured while using a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft, our experienced team can help you file legal action to recover damages.

Wrongful Death: In California, surviving family members can pursue compensation for wrongful death cases that occur when someone dies due to the negligence or misconduct of another party.

Contact Our Skilled Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California Today for No-Risk Representation

If you’ve been injured and need an experienced personal injury lawyer in Southern California, reach out to Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison right away. With decades of experience and a track record of success, we help our clients secure full and fair compensation for all kinds of injuries and accidents. Our skilled team of personal injury lawyers know that every case is unique and provide tailored legal solutions for your unique situation. Time is of the essence in personal injury cases, so contact us today at (800) 435-7542 to take the first step towards the compensation you may be entitled to.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need a lawyer for my personal injury case?

The Insurance Company has tons of lawyers at their disposal and very experienced claims adjusters.  Insurance companies love when the claimant doesn’t have a lawyer.  The lawyer is extremely advantageous to your case.  Not only will the lawyer get you more money than what the insurance company offers, but the lawyer has experience in getting any doctor you need for treatment and experts that are necessary to prosecute your case for the maximum compensation.  There is an old saying in the law business that “a client representing themselves has a fool for a client”.  This is particularly true in a personal injury case which has so many different aspects to it.

What should I do after I’ve been in an accident?

First, make sure you are okay and get the medical treatment you need.   Second, see if you can get the information from all the other parties involved in the accident.  Third, if you can take pictures, please take pictures of all the vehicles involved in the accident and all the damage each vehicle has.  Fourth, be careful what you say to the police if they are on the scene. Also, be careful what you say to any other person involved in the accident.  You’ve just been in an accident and may not know what you are saying or say something that is not advantageous to you.  Once your medical situation is stabilized or if you are physically able to use your phone, call an attorney who will be on your side and take care of your claim.

If I’m in an accident, does it affect my health insurance coverage?

No. If you have health insurance the accident has nothing to do with whether you are covered or not. 

What if I didn’t realize I was injured until weeks after my accident?

Many times, clients do not realize they have certain injuries until after their accident.  Symptoms of neck, shoulder, or back injuries, that are soft tissue in nature, don’t appear for days or weeks until after the accident.  When you do realize that you are injured, you should immediately seek medical treatment or contact your attorney if you have one to advise you in this regard.

Can I sue a county or city government in California?

The short answer is yes, you can sue a county or a city government or even the state of California.  There are many restrictions on suing a government entity that make it more difficult than suing a private person or entity.  Elected officials in the city, county, or even the state of California has passed their own laws to make it more difficult to sue them, but it can be done, and we have been successful in many cases.  This is where a lawyer is particularly helpful, guiding you through your options.

What if there’s no police report for my accident?

Many times, the police will not show up at an accident scene.  If you require medical treatment, please get it as soon as possible, even if the police aren’t there.  If they come later, they can get your statement, or your lawyer can help you with the police. The advantages of a police report are that it identifies the people involved in the accident. 

Won't I save money by doing this myself?

To get the maximum compensation you deserve, you should hire an attorney.  An attorney knows the ins and outs of compensation and should get you the max value of your case.  On the other hand, insurance companies are very skilled at saving money.  Insurance companies are in the business of making money.  They deal with money and claims, that is it.  The smaller amount they pay in claims, the more money they make.

When should I contact an attorney?

Take care of your medical condition first after an accident.  Take pictures of the vehicles involved if you can.  Get all the information from the other parties.  Our advice is, to contact an attorney as soon as you can.  An attorney will advise you on what to do after the accident. 

What if the person at fault has inadequate insurance?

You have various options if the person at fault does not have enough insurance to compensate you.  First, if you have purchased uninsured motorist coverage, then that type of insurance will cover you.  Although it is somewhat complicated. Even if there is not adequate insurance, from the person causing the accident, you may be able to file what is called underinsurance.  This means that if you have high limits of insurance and you can’t get adequate insurance from your uninsured motorist, you can recover the difference.  This is complicated and requires an attorney to advise you.

What if the person at fault doesn’t have insurance?

If the person at fault does not have insurance and you have uninsured motorist coverage, you are entitled to file a claim with your own insurance company for uninsured motorist coverage.  Usually, your insurance premiums will not increase, if you file a claim with your own insurance for uninsured motorist coverage, because it was not your fault.

Do I have to pay you up front?

No.  You should never hire an attorney who asks you to pay money up front.  Attorneys work on a contingency and if you do not recover any money they will not “charge you a dime”. 

What about all the hassles and obstacles? Will you take care of all that?

This is precisely why you hire an attorney.  An attorney will communicate with the insurance company, communicate with your doctors, and communicate with your employers about any lost wages.  You will not be bothered directly by all the communication that the insurance company sends to the attorney requesting information.  Yes, you will have to work with your attorney to maximize your compensation.

Should I see a doctor?

If you are injured, you should see a doctor.  If you don’t know of a doctor to see, we have doctors that work on a lien.  This means that the doctors treat you and won’t charge any money until your case settles.

I was injured in a car accident. Will you help me with my property damage claim?

Yes, our firm will help you and guide you in getting your property damage claim taken care of.  If you have your insurance company for property damage, it makes it much easier for you. If not, we will guide you through the process with the other insurance company to get your property damage claim paid.

How much auto insurance do I need in California?

Insurance coverage in the state of California is expensive.  How much you need really depends on how much of a premium you wish to pay.  The minimum insurance in California is now $15,000/$30,000.  However, beginning January 1, 2024, the minimum insurance in the state of California will increase to $30,000/$60,000.  This means: the first number whether its $15,000 or $30,000 is the maximum amount the insurance will pay for any one person who has a claim. The second number $30,000 or $60,000 is the total amount the insurance company will pay to all claimants involved in an accident.  We strongly advise that whichever insurance you purchase, you should get the most uninsured motorist coverage you possibly can in California.  There are many people that are driving without insurance and this uninsured motorist coverage is an absolute necessity.

What is uninsured motorist coverage?

Simply stated, uninsured motorist coverage means that an insurance company will pay you up to its policy limits the amount of damages you have suffered, if you are hit by an at fault person or company that does not have liability insurance. 

How does auto-medical payments insurance work?

Medical payments under your insurance are usually very small.  They are recoverable in an accident, and you are entitled to them.

If I’m rear-ended, is it always the other person’s fault?

Usually if you are rear-ended it is the other person’s fault.  However, circumstances may dictate a different result depending upon the facts.

What if I don’t feel the insurance company is making a fair offer on my car?

Getting your property damage paid for, can be somewhat frustrating.  The repair shop can give you an estimate for the cost to repair.  Different repair shops can differ on the cost to repair. Usually if you have property damage on your car your, own insurance company will make you a fairer offer.  However, the attorney can guide you in this process.  On the other hand, if you have no property damage coverage under your insurance policy and must deal with the other insurance company, they will usually give you a more difficult time.  This is when an attorney can help guide you.

What if I was in an accident and don’t have insurance?

Under the law in the state of California, if you are in an accident that was not your fault but don’t have liability insurance, you cannot recover damages for pain and suffering and emotional distress. You can recover for any property damage, medical expenses, and/or loss wages.  This law was codified as proposition 213.

Are motorcycle accidents treated differently than auto accidents?

No, motorcycle accidents are not treated differently than auto accidents.  They are personal injury cases.  Yes, there are different mechanics involved in a motorcycle accident, but it remains a personal injury lawsuit.

Is lane splitting legal in California?

Yes, lane splitting is legal, but only if you go no more than 10 miles an hour around the vehicles you are passing.

What should I do after a California motorcycle accident?

If you are involved in a motorcycle accident do everything that you have been told regarding an automobile accident.  Make sure you are medically okay, get the information from all the parties involved in the accident, and take pictures of the damage if you can.  You should then contact an attorney who will advise you what to do next.