For top-quality representation, turn to PLBH as your wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA.
No matter what you call it–downsizing, dismissal, termination–finding out you’re losing your job is never pleasant. But the situation will be particularly frustrating if you feel that the firing was unfair or illegal.
The good news is that you can turn to an experienced wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA from Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison to help you understand and exercise your rights following an illegal firing.
Now You May Wonder…
…What Constitutes Wrongful Termination?
Employers can fire employees for poor performance or for no reason at all. What they cannot do is fire an employee for an illegal reason. The two main types of illegal reasons for termination are:
- Discrimination: Employers cannot fire an individual based purely on their age (if over 40), race/color, sex/gender, religion, disability, nationality, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or medical condition, including AIDs or HIV diagnosis. If an employer adopts a seemingly neutral policy that has a disproportionate effect on the employment of members of one of these groups, this can also qualify as wrongful termination.
- Retaliation: When an employee refuses to go along with illegal or unsafe practices at work, employers may be tempted to fire them as punishment. This is called retaliation and it is illegal. It is also illegal to fire employees simply because they have exercised their right to time off for jury duty, voting, pregnancy, or medical leave.
The best way to determine if your situation merits legal action is to discuss your case with an experienced wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA like PLBH.
How a Wrongful Termination Attorney in La Puente CA Can Help
Your wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA can help you gather the necessary evidence for pursuing legal action against your employer. We can file a formal complaint against your employer aimed at securing:
- Reinstatement in your position at your prior salary and benefit level
- Compensation for lost wages and benefits
- Reimbursement of your legal fees
- A monetary award designed to punish the company for their illegal actions
Most wrongful termination cases can be successfully resolved in arbitration or mediation between your attorney and your employer’s attorneys. PLBH has plenty of experience in these forums. But we will also stand behind you during litigation if this is what it takes to secure a fair and favorable outcome to your case.
Why Choose PLBH
PLBH has what it takes to get results as your wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA. We are well known as a respected and effective employment law attorney with over 50 years of experience in and out of court. With ample resources at our disposal, we are more than equal to the challenge of securing fair outcomes to even the most complicated wrongful termination cases.
You Can Afford Quality Representation
Worried about finding room in your post-employment budget for a wrongful termination attorney in La Puente CA? Don’t be. PLBH offers free initial consultations, plus no-risk representation to qualifying clients. Contact us at (800) 435-7542 today to learn more about how we can help with your case.