For top-quality representation, turn to PLBH as your wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA.
No matter what you call it–downsizing, dismissal, termination–finding out you’re losing your job is never pleasant. If you believed you were a model employee, you may be even more confused to get let go. And you have to wonder…were your rights violated?
Fortunately, you can fight back against an illegal firing with help from a wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA. Perona, Langer, Beck and Harrison is here to help you with every step of the legal process required to hold your former employer accountable for their actions.
Now You May Wonder…
…What Constitutes Wrongful Termination?
Wrongful termination falls into two main categories:
- Discrimination: Employment decisions cannot be made purely on the basis of the color of your skin, your gender, your sexual orientation, your religion, or any other protected characteristic. Keep in mind that even seemingly neutral policies can qualify as discrimination if they have a disproportionate impact on members of a certain protected group.
- Retaliation: You have the right to engage in certain legally protected activities like jury duty, voting, military service, taking family or medical leave, and whistleblowing. If an employer uses any of these activities as grounds for termination, they are acting illegally.
Proving an employer’s motivation for a firing can be challenging, so the best way to figure out if you have a strong case for compensation is to consult an experienced wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA for advice.
How a Wrongful Termination Attorney in Long Beach CA Can Help
As soon as you retain us as your wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA, we will immediately begin working on your behalf. The first step is to have you collect documentation regarding your termination and any discriminatory or illegal practices in your workplace. We can file a formal complaint against your employer aimed at securing:
- Reinstatement in your position at your prior salary and benefit level
- Compensation for lost wages and benefits
- Reimbursement of your legal fees
- A monetary award designed to punish the company for their illegal actions
Most wrongful termination cases can be successfully resolved in arbitration or mediation between your attorney and your employer’s attorneys. PLBH has plenty of experience in these forums. But we will also stand behind you during litigation if this is what it takes to secure a fair and favorable outcome to your case.
Why Choose PLBH
At PLBH, we sincerely care about your rights and your future, and we take our role as your wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA very seriously. We are well known as a respected and effective employment law attorney with over 50 years of experience in and out of court. With ample resources at our disposal, we are more than equal to the challenge of securing fair outcomes to even the most complicated wrongful termination cases.
You Can Afford Quality Representation
If you’ve lost your job, you may be watching your budget very carefully. You might even worry that you can’t afford a wrongful termination attorney in Long Beach CA. Fortunately, we have a solution for you. PLBH offers free initial consultations, plus no-risk representation to qualifying clients. Contact us at (800) 435-7542 today to learn more about how we can help with your case.